Total Pageviews

Sunday

Third year of university begins...

The BBC provides a very British style of broadcasting for radio.
So the long summer break has ended and I find myself back in a lecture theatre at 9am on a Monday morning, surrounded by course friends, ready for two hours of radio.
        Mixed feelings of happiness, fear and uncertainty fill my body whilst I digest important information regarding my huge work load for the third and final year of my journalism degree.
       Although I try my hardest to listen enthusiastically, radio is and always will be my least favourite module and so the fire in my heart starts to die as the lecture continues. History of radio, radio clips from the 1920's and the distinctive nature of the BBC, although exciting for some, leaves me bewildered and lacking motivation. However, I've never been a loser and giving up is just not on my itinerary. I will fight for as long and as hard as I have to in order to receive a good grade for each and every module this year, radio included.
      After a negative and rather dull start to the year, I make my way to my Advanced Writing lecture which turns out to be much more useful than I had anticipated. Steering away from the module guidelines itself, Jon Mackley - the course tutor, concentrates solely on the dreaded dissertation filling the room with interesting potential topics, dissertation questions and helpful resources in terms of research. So here it is, a highly important year for my future career and life in general. The hard work begins now....sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment