Total Pageviews

Sunday

Friends: Do we really know who they are?

I've heard the saying 'friends come and go' but I never really believed it. All of my friends had always been there whether it be for a shoulder to cry on, to celebrate my birthday or to fill me with laughs. Not one of them had let me down. Until now.
I know as you get older your lives change and you find yourself working constantly, settling down into a serious relationship, moving out and the rest of it. But does that really stop you from having time for your friends? I'm at university, in a completely different town from most of them during the week, yet I still have time to call and text them - check they're okay and let them know that I'm still there even when i'm not in sight.

Apparently, though, some of them can't do the same. This society that we live in today secludes girls and boys from being friends, according to the people of today you can't have a friend of the opposite sex without wanting to get jiggy. What.A.Joke.

It has never been like that with me and my 'boy' friends. Of course I care for them but as brothers. Is that really so wrong? Apparently so.

No comments:

Post a Comment